Our Transforming Lives Educational Trust's Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) policy describes in detail the provision made for children with special educational needs and/or disabilities at Henry Hinde Infant School.
At Henry Hinde Infant School we strive to identify a child's need at the earliest point and to then make effective provision which improves long-term outcomes for the child. We do this in a number of ways:
- Careful tracking and monitoring of every child during their time at our school.
- Conversations with parents and carers.
- Through class teacher observations and assessments.
- With the support of specialist professionals.
- Transition information from feeder pre-schools.
- Making reasonable adjustments within the classroom.
- Varying teaching styles and methods.
- Providing a range of materials (including concrete apparatus) to support their learning.
In doing this we ensure that all children have access to the full curriculum, an we are able to cater for children with a wide range of needs successfully.