Our 'Above and Beyond' Curriculum
At Henry Hinde Infant School we believe that every moment of a child’s time in school should be filled with rich experiences and memorable moments – after all, we all remember days from our childhood that were out of the ordinary or unique. As much as possible, staff work hard to make the extra-ordinary the everyday norm to help children root their learning in deeply memorable experiences and occasions. As a result, we have created an ‘Above and Beyond’ strand to our curriculum that goes beyond just academic success and aims to give all children at Henry Hinde Infant School new experiences that help to enrich their learning, deepen their understanding of the world and, possibly, be a life defining moment for their future life choices!
After working with parents, children and staff, our ‘Above and Beyond’ curriculum entitles all children to the following during their time at Henry Hinde Infant School:
- Plant, grow, harvest and eat your own fruits and vegetables;
- Visit a working farm;
- Attend Forest Schools for at least two years;
- A trip to the theatre to watch a national performance;
- Learn a musical instrument;
- Work with professional artistes in dance, drama and art;
- Perform at a concert venue;
- Take part in an inter-schools sports competition;
- Receive sports tuition from professional coaches;
- Visit a national sporting event.